Synulox Tablets have a notably broad spectrum of bactericidal activity against bacteria commonly found in cats and dogs.
Clinically Synulox has been shown to be effective in treating a wide range of diseases of cats and dogs.
Each 50mg Tablet Contains: 40mg Amoxicillin and 10mg Clavulanic Acid
Each 250mg Tablet Contains: 200mg Amoxicillin and 50mg Clavulanic Acid
Each 500mg Tablet Contains: 400mg Amoxicillin and 100mg Clavulanic Acid
· Resistance to many antibiotics is produced by beta-lactamics, enzymes that inactivate the antibiotic before it can act on bacteria.
· The clavulanic acid in Synulox neutralizes this mechanism of defense of bacteria inactivating beta-lactamase, and microorganisms become susceptible to the rapid bactericidal effect of amoxyciline, in readily achievable concentrations in the body.
It acts against a wide range of bacteria, such as:
· Staphylococcus spp. (including strains producing beta-lactamates);
· Escherichia coli (including strains producing beta-lactamates);
· Salmonella spp. (including strains producing beta-lactamates);
· Pasteurella spp. (including strains producing beta-lactamates);
· Bacteroides (including strains producing beta-lactamaze);
· Haemophillus spp.;
· Bordetella Bronchiseptica;
· Camphylobacter spp.;
· Proteus spp.;
· Corynebacterium spp.;
· Clostridium spp.;
· Fusobacterium necrophorum.
Clinically, Synulox 50 mg was indicated as effective in treating a wide range of diseases in dogs and cats, such as:
· Skin diseases (in deep and superficial pyoderma);
· Genito-urinary infections;
· Respiratory diseases (upper and lower respiratory tract infection);
· Infections of the oral cavity;
· Soft tissue infections;
· Osteo-articular infections.
Administration and dosing
Administration is done orally.
Dose 12.5 mg/kg body weight.
Dosing frequency – After the following model:
· 1-3 kg, 1/2 tablet Synulox 50 mg
· 3-5 kg, 1 tablet Synulox 50 mg
· 6-9 kg, 2 tablets Synulox 50 mg
· 10-13 kg, 3 tablets Synulox 50 mg
· 14-18 kg, 4 tablets Synulox 50 mg
· 19-25 kg, 1 tablet Synulox 250 mg
· 26-35 kg, 2 tablets Synulox 250 mg
· 36-49 kg, 2 tablets Synulox 250 mg
· 50 kg, 3 tablets Synulox 250 mg
In refractory cases, especially of respiratory tract infections, the dose is doubled to 25 mg/kg of body weight, 2 times a day.
Duration of therapy:
· Routine cases in all indicated diseases-therapy 5-7 days;
· Chronic or refractory cases-the following treatment durations are suggested:
· Chronic skin diseases-10-20 days
· Chronic cycytes-10-28 days
· Respiratory Diseases-8-10 days
· Do not administer to rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters.
· Use with caution to any other small herbivor.
· It will store in a cool and dry place